Pinterest is yet another social media venue, which gives a business owner a wonderful opportunity for promotion. If you are already using Facebook and Twitter adding Pinterest for 2014 is a must do!
*Pinterest is 80% more viral and 3x more effective than Twitter.
*Pinterest users spend double the time on the site compared to Facebook.
*Pinterest is the fastest growing website in history (Source: Comscore) as of 2012 Pinterest is growing 40% more than Facebook, when it was first launched.
* Pinterest shows the user everything pinned by their friends, which expands your brand profile for free.
* Users of Pinterest can locate boards by brand name; follow boards, comment on pins and share pins with their network.
* Pinterest generates more referral traffic than You Tube, Google and Linked In combined. (Source: Shareaholic)
* Be sure to build up boards that represent your brand.
* Build relationships with influencers.
* Invite others to participate in a group board, especially clients.
* Be sure to engage with customers that comment on your pins.
* Best time of the day to post on Pinterest is 2pm – 4pm EST.
*Best time to post in the evening is 8pm-1am EST
(Sources: whiteglovesocialmedia.com, isedb.com)